Dua for the Fulfillment of Debts and Removal of Grief and Sorrow

Hazrat Abu Saeed Khudri (radhiallaho anho) reports that a person came to Rasulullah (sallellaho alaihe wasallam) and said: “I have been overcome by worries and debts(that I am consumed by the worry of the payment of my huge debts). Rasulullah (sallellaho alaihe wasallam) replied: “Should I not show you such a dua which, if you read it, Allah Ta'ala will remove your worries and will fulfill your debts?” The person exclaimed: “Please do tell me.” Rasulullah (sallellaho alaihe wasallam) said: “Recite the following every morning and evening:

اَللّٰهُمَّ اِنِّىْ اَعُوْذُبِكَ مِنَ الْهَمِّ وَالْحُزْنِ وَاَعُوْذُبِكَ مِنَ الْعَجْزِ وَالْكَسَلِ وَاَعُوْذُبِكَ مِنَ الْبُخْلِ وَالْجُبْنِ وَاَعُوْذُبِكَ مِنْ غَلَبَةِ الدَّيْنِ وَقَهْرِ الرِّجَالِ

O Allah! I seek refuge in You from grief and worries, and I seek refuge in You from being unable (to do what is required) and from laziness and cowardice, and I seek refuge in You from excessive debts and from being overpowered by people.”(Mishkaat pg.215)

Comments